Instagram, a platform where you can upload pictures of anything and everything, has more than one billion active users every month. The popularity of this photo-sharing platform has led several businesses to reach massive engagement among the target audience.
No matter whether you’re an influencer, a famous personality or a brand, there are strategies you can equip to take your Instagram account reach huge heights.
Be it IG stories, post, IGTV videos or reels, if you know how to connect to audiences through your content, you’ll see a major positive difference in how your brand used to be.
Talking about IG stories, it is a great medium to share glimpses of your day-to-day life. That way, your audience will feel connected to you and will also get to know a different side of your personality.
However, sometimes what happens is the resolution of a particular photo/video gets compressed when you upload it on your IG story.
Well, that is due to the restrictions of dimensions for Instagram Stories which are – 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall (1080 x 1920, or 1080p resolution).
Meaning, your Instagram Story size should have an aspect ratio of 9:16 with a minimum width of 500 pixels. On the other hand, the maximum video length for IG stories is 15 seconds and the accepted video file types are MP4, MOV, or GIF.
How to Post High Quality Story on Instagram
What if you’re not satisfied with the quality of your IG stories and are looking forward to doing something to it? Well, there are some tips that if followed properly can lead you to post high quality story on Instagram:
Here let’s have a look!
- Make sure that the content you’re uploading is at least of 72 ppi resolution, if not then Instagram will compress images during the upload process.
- As Instagram is very peculiar about its dimensions, so if you upload a vertical image or video, Instagram is automatically going to format them. For horizontal photos that don’t fit the dimensions, those will either get cropped, zoomed in or zoomed out. To not let this happen, stick to the 9:16 aspect ratio itself.
- You can also rely on photo editing apps such as Canva, Lumen5, Easel and several others – they’ll help you upload high-quality IG stories.
- Consider uploading content under 30 MB in file size. This is far from enough for uploading high-quality photos and videos.
- Turn off Data Saver, it might be the reason you are not able to upload good quality stories.
Now that you know how to post high quality stories on Instagram, you can slay on with your content on IG stories.
All you need is a basic understanding of the dimensions that Instagram has imposed to ensure quality photos and videos.
Once you’re aware of that, you’ll be good to go for posting high-quality IG stories.
So why wait more, arrest everyone’s attention to your IG stories by posting some note-worthing content.